Monday, July 4, 2011

samples











Iv'e enjoyed making samples for upcoming weddings recently.
It is nice to give things a test run. I am really into different greens lately and this one had a wide variety of them.

Amber, the possible bride for these arrangements noticed the center of the white scabiosa in these arrangements and commented on their nice "mint green" color. This is another reason I love my clients. They have fresh eyes. I use white scabiosa every time I get a chance, and I have never thought that they had a mint green center. I am now seeing them differently. I love the industry for this reason too. Everyone interprets flowers differently. It is fun to get professional pictures back and see how the photographer saw my flowers, it shows through in the pictures. I like hearing about people's take on my flowers. I also really love when people see them the way I do, and what type of people said people are. Recently, this post made me excited. I think she understands my work, and I love the pictures she paired my flowers with.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah these arrangements have knocked me off my perch!

    I'm crazy for fern leaves - each leaf is like a little piece of architecture to my {obviously offbeat!} eye - so combined with the dark, dark purples verging on blacks, and the whites this is pure energetic sculpture.

    So wonderful to see Maidenhair fern used with such imagination.

    And thank you for the lovely shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a constant source of inspiration! Scabiosa is definitely one of my favorites. I have come to realize how really amazing you are! I have no idea how you do 50% of what you do!

    ReplyDelete